The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
The British Red Cross is part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network which refuses to ignore people in crisis.
Services offered include:
- supporting the NHS, public event organisers and individuals through the provision of high quality first aid and ambulance services, please contact 0344 412 2738 for further details
- loaning wheelchairs and commodes, please contact 0300 456 1914 for further details
- teaching first aid skills to community groups, please contact 0344 412 2734 to discuss your requirements
- helping restore contact between families separated by armed conflict, disaster or migration by using the global Red Cross and Red Crescent network, please contact 0114 2427384 for further details
- providing targeted education to young people via the Crisis Education Team please contact 0344 412 2734 to discuss your requirements
- support for refugees and asylum seekers. Support includes one-to-one advice and support, casework, destitution supplies and family tracing. Rotherham drop-in takes place every Thursday 12.30pm – 3.30pm-2pm at Myplace, St Ann’s Road, Rotherham S65 1PH. For further information please contact 0114 242 7385