Improving the lives of those facing disadvantage due to the impact of the coal mining industry.
We’re here to improve the lives of former coal miners and their families. Through our personal welfare service we aim to enhance living conditions, maintain independence, and reduce social isolation. Each led by a qualified Social Worker, our experienced teams offer:
- A confidential home visiting service to provide advice and support.
- Assistance with welfare benefit applications and industry related compensation schemes.
- Advice on mining related issues including illness and disability.
- Help to access mobility equipment including walking aids and wheelchairs.
- Support to reduce loneliness and social isolation.
- Advocacy to enable you to express your views and concerns, and defend and promote your rights, including access to information and services.
- Emotional support through loss and bereavement, illness and caring responsibilities.
- Financial assistance at times of exceptional hardship through CISWO grants or assistance through other agencies and charities.
- Access to holidays and convalescence.
- Access to CISWO educational grants for former mineworkers and their dependants.
Our support is available to former mineworkers, partners, widows and any dependent children or adult dependants with a disability.
Our services are free of charge and confidential.
Further information about our services and a range of useful advice and resources are available through our website: www.ciswo.org.uk
For further information or to refer yourself, a family member or friend, please get in touch.