Light is a charity working to support the emotional wellbeing and mental health of mums and their families in Sheffield and beyond, during pregnancy, birth and afterwards. Our overall aims are:
- To provide support to families who are affected by perinatal mental health illness
- To raise awareness of perinatal mental illness in Sheffield and beyond
- To promote partnership and an information network accessible to all
Our Support Activities:
At Light we know that being a parent is not always easy – we all sometimes need support and a hand to hold along the way.
Light group support and one-to-one sessions offer a safe and friendly place for you to come and feel supported by our trained volunteers and to meet other mums. This support is available to anyone who is finding being pregnant or being a new parent difficult, emotionally and mentally. Support and further information is also available for partners and families.
Support in Rotherham:
We have suspended face to face meetings until things improve, please click the link for more information: https://lightpeersupport.org.uk/2020/04/light-support-during-covid-19/
More support throughout South Yorkshire:
Please use this link to visit our website with details of all our support activities.
We are also currently offering:
- On Line virtual support groups available by request.
- Online forum chat.
- Email, telephone, text support also available.
Our service is for any one from pregnancy up to baby is around 2 years. Dad, partner & family support also available.
Please contact us for full details.