Group Aims and Activities:
We were founded in 1985 and although we have progressed in many ways, we are still a small autonomous, self-help, self-funding charity. Our Members wellbeing, and enabling them to access the best range of non-intrusive, drug free and complementary therapies, with all their benefits is still our mission.
Our specialised treatment is High Dosage Oxygen Therapy. People who use O2T report that it helps alleviate many of the symptoms and side effects of chronic illness. It is also recognised as a positive aid to healing and repairing nerve and tissue damage, of increasing the ability of the body’s defence mechanisms to fight infection and kill bacteria as well as encouraging the growth of new blood vessels, improving blood supply as well as speeding up the repair of bone damage due to an accident.
Oxygen therapy is easy, pain free and makes a difference. We are the only Centre in a thirty mile-plus radius who can offer the highly specialised therapy.
We are proud to say that our available therapies include; physiotherapy, osteopathy, acupuncture, massages, aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, a foot health practitioner, specialised counsellor, a mindfulness practitioner and an iMRS mat with iSLRS sound light and relaxation system.
Our other amenities include :-
- An exercise room with a good range of anti-spasm equipment which was specifically chosen as an aid to improve flexibility and mobility.
- Our excellent Thera-TRAINER which enables people to stand independently even if they are normally wheelchair bound.
- An in-house boutique with marvellous donated bargains at rock bottom prices.
- A quiet room and a large meeting room.
- Plus, another great therapy, our incredibly popular drop-in/ social area where refreshments, friendly banter and wise words are always available and everyone is welcome.
Our Centre is open Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday and our core hours are 9.30am to 4.30pm.