Rotherham Sight & Sound is a sensory service delivering services to people with a visual impairment and deaf people, both hearing aid users and British Sign Language (BSL) users, as well as people with a dual sensory loss (deafblind).
Following Government advice our centre has closed but a skeleton staff, with support from volunteers, continues to support vulnerable clients by continuing with a shopping and medication pick up service for those who do not have a support network in place.
The staff are also here to help with urgent benefit queries and advice.
In light of Covid-19, we are actively;
- Offering telephone advice and support for our clients, including welfare benefits advice
- Shopping for essential food etc and collection/delivery of medication – this is primarily for our vulnerable and isolated clients without good support from family, friends and neighbors.
- Contacting by telephone all the clients that regularly attended our Activities Centre in Sheffield and our Ship Hill Centre in Rotherham.
- Cairn Home, our residential care home at Crosspool is, of course, still functioning, but no visitors are allowed due to coronavirus.
* Please only contact us if the matter is urgent and please be patient as we only have a skeleton staff responding to enquiries and delivering the above services.
PLEASE SUPPORT US
We have launched a campaign on Just Giving. Living with sight and/or hearing loss can be difficult at the best of times, but with the added pressure of self-isolation, the closure of all forms of social interaction and difficulties with food supplies, life for people living with sight and/or hearing loss is incredibly challenging right now!
Any donation, no matter how LARGE or SMALL could help us deliver the services we are currently offering our clients, and also to help us maintain our centres.
Please follow this link to donate: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/SRSB-RSSCovid19appeal
HEARING AID BATTERIES
For our hearing impaired clients who need hearing aid batteries, we have contacted Rotherham Ear Care & Audiology and they have said to call 01709 423145 and leave your name, address and contact number and the batteries will be posted out.
Here is the website link for reference: